OUR ROOTS & VISION
“...for every innovation, we return to our roots...”
The grandfather of the family takes advantage of Cretan land’s generosity and exploits the derivatives of olive since 1950. Pretty soon the personal occupation of harvesting and study of the olive crop, lays the foundation for the establishment of a standard traditional soap factory in the historic city of Chania.
The dedication and virtuosity regarding preparation of this pure, natural, raw material, passes from generation to generation. In 1989, Nikolaos Partsalakis, grandson of the family, creates BODYFARM with the same respect and love for research, production and promotion of natural care products that provide complete body and face care.
Since the birth of the company in 1989 until mid of 1995, BODYFARM is dedicated to the production and trading of pharmaceutical products. The products are available from selected pharmacies and stores throughout the country.
Your trust in BODYFARM for more than two decades is the proof that our efforts and our vision to acquaint you with beauty and well-being in their natural environment were fruitful. It also provides motivation to keep on searching for the best ingredients from the pharmacy and perfumery of Greek nature and to discover the benefits of nature’s ingredients in order to be able to offer you high quality natural beauty products.
OUR VALUES AND OUR PEOPLE
“...with respect to human and nature...”
In the big family of BODYFARM all of us are like parents to our products. We treat them with affection, keeping the same values with respect towards nature and environment since our company’s birth.
Summarizing our principles:
Everything that it is more close and friendly to the human nature is more safe and effective.
5.500 different kinds of plants that grow on the Greek land offer us plenty of natural ingredients to create high quality products, clinical and dermatological tested effectiveness.
With respect towards nature we choose ingredients friendly to the environment.
Our products are not tested on animals.
We use packaging from recycled materials.
We maximize our products’ effectiveness and strictly follow the high standards of global cosmetology.
We insist to invest a large amount of our profit on research as well as study and development of new natural products instead of expensive advertising campaigns.
We keep our prices affordable for consumers. We always have this demand for our products: the sale’s cost should correspond to the value of the product.
Apart from Greek nature with its precious ingredients that is the most important asset of BODYFARM, we need to underline the valuable contribution of our company’s people that put their effort so that we can offer our vast variety of products to you.
The team of BODYFARM works in cooperation with certified laboratories equipped with cutting edge technologies. Moreover, our scientists – with years of experience in the field of cosmetics- constantly investigate, design, compose, and create a wide range of natural products. Fulfilling all the requirements of the national and EU legislation on cosmetics, the aim of the founders of BODYFARM is to cover all your needs for daily care.
"... your needs, our inspiration for a new formula with nature’s materials..."
BODYFARM transforms this knowledge into a practical effect. Our natural products bring out with the best possible way the beneficial attributes of herbs, such as pharmaceutical and cosmetics properties.
We combine extracts from herbs and plants, therefore essential plant oils and pure essences are used. These natural ingredients have totally replaced the chemicals which can cause harmful effects.
The natural substances that we use are derived in:
EXTRACTS: rich in vitamins, mineral and greasy acids that offer hydration, nutrition and antioxidant skin protection.
PLANT OILS: the juice that nourishes the plants with vitamins, minerals and valuable greasy oils. The plant oils are used safely and can be easily absorbed by hair and skin. Moreover, they offer rich hydration, increase skin elasticity and antioxidant protection. They are the most ideal solvent for essential oils.
ESSENTIAL OILS: volatile liquids with oily composition and perfume, high concentration of active ingredients and highly effective qualities –can be used in aromatherapy or applied on skin- for revitalization, relaxation and toning of the organism. There is proof that nutrients, active acids and vitamins slow down the ageing process.
All the above mentioned natural ingredients have replaced up to 100% the use of harmful substances such as:
- Mineral Oil: covers the skin pores with a thin layer as a film preventing the ability to breathe, to eliminate toxic substances, to hydrate and create new healthy cells. It can cause sebum, dehydration, premature skin ageing and it is also responsible for heart disease, allergies, kidney infections and shortness of breath.
- Paraffinium Liquidium: oil derivative, toxic. Causes irritation in the eye, dermatitis in contact with the skin, headache, dizziness, unconsciousness. It has similar symptoms with the Mineral Oil.
- Parabens: toxic preservatives increase the life of the products. Cause allergies and dermatitis.
- Propylene Glycol: is a watery and solvent factor, a composite petrochemical fusion. It helps to retain moisture and also in the preparation of extracts. A widely available component with a low cost than it is used instead of glycerin. Causes allergic and toxic reactions.
- Silicones: block the pores of the skin and its ability to breathe. They irritate and accumulate in the liver and in the lymph follicle. They are also very harmful for the environment.
- SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate): it is a substance of synthetic origin (from petroleum) and it can be used in shower gels and shampoos as cleanser with foaming ability. Causes irritation to the eyes, skin rashes and itching, hair loss, dandruff and allergic reactions.